Proseal UK Ltd was a company with a mission to contribute to a cleaner and healthier environment. So, when the Great British Spring Clean, Recycling Day, and Earth Day came around, the company was eager to participate.
The team at Proseal divided themselves into groups and set out to complete various activities including:
· Collecting 6 full bin bags of rubbish scattered around the Proseal buildings
· Building 5 flower and vegetable boxes
· Filling 2 boxes with soil, peas and tomatoes
· Filling 5 potato bags with soil and planted potatoes
· Planting flowers across different locations around the site adding colour and vibrancy to the surroundings
· Building the hedgehog house and filling it in with hay and hedgehog food to further support local biodiversity
The day ended with an official announcement of Proseal's Zero Waste to Landfill Certification. With the plummeting capacity of the existing UK landfills and increasing costs of waste management, Proseal UK is focused on waste reduction and diverting all its waste away from landfill. Based on the total waste volume of 368.84 tonnes (1 January to 31 December 2022), Proseal UK achieved an impressive 84% recycling, 15% recovery and 1% reuse rate. The high recycling rate is a result of high volumes of recycled metals with aluminium representing 54% of the total waste generated.
It is an important milestone achieved on the journey to Net Zero. Proseal will continue to strive in leading the way in sustainability practices further improving its waste management performance.